Pages

Subscribe

Saturday, August 21, 2010

English Expression

A. INTRODUCTION

Introduce yourself.
To introduce self-expression, among others:
- I would like to Introduce my self, my name's ...
- May I Introduce my self?
- Let me Introduce my self. my name ...
- I want to Introduce my self. my name ...

Introducing others.
This expression is used to introduce people to each other:
- I would like you to meet .... (Name that wants to be introduced)
- This is my friend, boss, manager ... (name that wants to be introduced)
- Have you met ... (name that wants to be introduced)
- May I Introduce you to ... (name that wants to be introduced)
- Let me Introduce you to ... (name that wants to be introduced)
- I want to Introduce you ... (name that wants to be introduced)

The first friendly greeting used is "How do you do" then continued with; It's nice to see you, I am glad to meet you, usually rewarded with the same phrase, after the second meeting of the phrase was not used again instead used:

Greetings Response
- How are you I am fine thanks, How about you guys
- How is life? Everything is OK
- How is everything going on? Not so bad / not so good / So so.

B. THANKINGS

Is how to say thank you in English usually uses the word as follows:

The phrase Response
- Thank you
- Thank you very much
- Thanks

- Thank you for Helping me
- Thank you for your kindness

- I'm Grateful for your help - Thank you / You're welcome!
- You're welcome!
- That's all right

- Not at all
- Do not Mention it.
- Any time

C. Asking for Help (Ask for help / assistance)

To request our assistance may use the expression - the expression as follows:
- Would you guys + V1 + Object (me) example: Would you help me?
- Could you + V1 + Object (me) Could you help me?
- Do you mind + V ing + Object (me) Do you mind Helping me?
- Would you mind + V ing + Object (me) Would you mind Helping me?

Expression in response to receiving the usual: OK, Certainly, Of course, while sure to reject the common use I am sorry. While for the use of the phrase Do / would you mind if received; Not at all, off course not, to refuse to use; yes, I am sorry.

D. Offering HELP.

Expressions to offer assistance are as follows;
- May I help you
- Can I help you
- What Can I help you
- What Can I do for you - How Can I assist you
- How Can I help you
- Let me help you
- Do you want me to help you
Basically asking or offering help is the same, we just need to change the subject or object position of the sentence, except in the pattern of using Do / Would you mind ...
Note the changes:

Offering Help (offering help) Asking for help (for help)

® Could I help you?
® Would you like me to help you
® Could you help me?
® Would you like to help me

E. SOME Things Offering
To offer something in English we use the common expression patterns, "would you like ..., Would you care for ...?, Why do not you have ...?, How about having ...? May I offer you ...?

Offering offering Response / feedback

Would you like Some drinks / food?
 Would you care for coffee?
Why do not you have Some mint tea?
 How about having fun?
 Yes, please
 No, thank I do not drink coffee
 Thank you, I'd love to
 Oh, no


F. Apologizing

Here is the expression - the expression to apologize in brief;

Response expression / response
® I am very sorry
® I am very sorry
® Please forgive me
® I am sorry for coming late
® I apologize for .... It's OK / that's all right

Not at all
No problem
Not at all
It does not matter.
If someone get angry and refused to forgive, they usually uses the phrase: "So you Should be!"

G. FOR Asking permission.

In daily interactions - sometimes the day we are faced with a situation where we have to apply for permission to do something; following phrase - used the following response unkapan

Asking for permission accepting Refusing

 Can I + V1: Can I go home?
 May I + V1: May I wash my hands?
 Could I + V1: Could I use it sir?
 you mind If I Dou ...
 I wonder if I can / Could + V1

Sure
Go a head
Certainly
 Not at all
By all means
Sorry but
Did you guys I'd rather
 I'm afraid you can not
 Yes!
 I am sorry you can not

H. INVITING

In daily interactions - the day sometimes we'll invite / invite someone to attend / do something following expressions used in the invitation;
Refusing accepting Invitation
Let's smoke
 I would like to invite you to attend my party
 Would you care for Joining my birthday party?

Let's be happy Marshall
We All right
OK
Of course


All right
No, thanks
I'd love to but I can not
I'm sorry, I have Some Things To Do

I. Asking INTERNATIONAL Giving Opinions

Expression - phrases used for advice and give suggestions are as follows follows the pattern of the sentence: "Let's + V1 / be + Ks", "Why do not We ...?", "" Would you care for ...? "," I would like to invite you to ... "," Would you like to + V1. "



Asking for opinions Giving opinions

 What do you think of / about ...
 What is your opinion for / about ...
 What is your view on ...
 What do you say about ...
 I think that ...
 I believe that ...
 I feel that ...
 In my opinion ...
 I do not really know about ...
 How about ....
 What about ....
For the last two regular expression followed by a gerund (V ing) or just followed Noun
Example: "What about going home? "What about Coca Cola?"
"How about finishing it early? "" How about hamburgers? "

J. Giving ADVICES OR SUGGESSTIONS

In giving advice we sometimes use different phrases have the same purpose. Nevertheless, respectively - each have a different pattern. Here's how to give the following advice responses / response;

Advice / Suggestions accepting Refusing

 Why do not you + V 1
 You need to + V1
 You Should + V1
 It's best to + V 1
 You Had better not + V1
 It would be a good idea to + V1
 You ought to + V1
 Yes, I Will
 Yes May be I Should
 Yes I suppose I Should
 Yes I guess I Should
May be
 I gues not
 OK
 I do not think so
 I guess not
 O no!
 Oh no!


K. AGREEING AND DISSAGREEING

Agree Disagree
 I agree with you
 I think so
It is certainly
EXACTLY 
 That's I want to say
 I am with you
 I am on your side
That idea I buy
 I disagree with you
I would not say That
 I do not think so
EXACTLY  notes
 I can not say so
On contrary 
 I do not buy That Idea

Functional Skills
For Specific purposes

In this chapter we will learn some of expression - an expression commonly used in the case - certain things associated with working unia. Skills are very useful in dealing with the world of work in the current global era, the phrase - the phrase has a broad meaning. Watch and learn.

A. Reservation
The reservation service we will study the expression used in Hotel, Restaurant and bureaus are mentioned bverikut perjalanan.Ungkapan these:

1. Hotel Room Booking Service

Guess (Guest) Receptionist (reception)
There's Room Full Room
 I'd like to book a room for Tomorrow

 I'd like to reserve a single room
 Is there any rooms available tonight?
 Could you tell me the night rate is for a single room?  OK, sir, how long you stay will from

 What sort rooms do you need sir / madam?
 $ .140 a night sir / madam
 May I know Whom is it for?
 I am sorry sir We are fully booked
 Would you like me to book a room in another hotel for you sir / madam?

For ordering options.
Receptionist (reception) Guess (Guest)
 Do you have any special preference?
 Beach view please
 I want to have the room with mountain view


2. Restaurant Booking Service in
Guess (Guest) Receptionist (reception)
There was an empty table table Fully
 I'd like to book a table for tonight?

 I'd like to reserve tables
 Is there any tables available tonight?
 OK, sir, how many people will from come to your dinner?
 Do you need an extra table / toast?
 I am sorry sir We are fully booked
 Would you like me to book a table in another restaurant for you sir / madam?

For ordering options.
Receptionist (reception) Guess (Guest)
 Do you have any special preference?
 I want the table near the pool

3. Travel ticket reservation services / theater
Customer (Customer) Reservation Officer (booking officer)
Available Not available
 I'd like to book a plane ticket for Padang?

 I'd like to reserve two seats for two
 Is there any seats available tonight?
 OK, sir, Pls Will you leave for Padang.
 Which row do you like to seat?
 I am sorry sir We are fully booked, How about Tomorrow?

For ordering options.
Receptionist (reception) Guess (Guest)
 Do you have any special preference?
 I want the seat near the window (train, bus, plane)
 On the first row / BALCON (theater)


B. Telephone Handling.

Do you still remember:

How the secretary greets the caller?
What the caller says to inform his / her purpose?
What the secretary says to inform That the one the caller wants to speak to is not in?

To make a call (Call)

 Greetings (Good morning / afternoon / evening).
 May I speak to ..., please?
 I'm ... (your name) from ... (your company's name)
 I'm calling about ... (your purpose)
 Could you put me through to Mr. / Mrs. ...?

To receive a call (the call)

 Greetings (Good morning / afternoon / evening) + name of your company.
 Can I help you? May I help you?
 Who's calling, please? Who's speaking, please?
 May I have your name, please? Could I have your number?
 Hold on, please. Just a moment, please.
 I'm sorry. The line is engaged. Sorry, Sir / Ma 'am. The line is busy.
 I'll put you through to Mr. / Mrs. ...
 Do you want to hold on, or call again later?
 Can I take your message?
 Could you speak up, please? It's a terrible connection.


Leaving a message (leave message)

The caller (caller)
 Could you take a message for me?
 Could you please take a message?
 May I leave a message?

The person answers the phone will from the WHO say (telephone receiver)
 Would you leave a message
 May I take a message

D. Confirming Arrangements.

In the business world to cancel the agreement is to be avoided, but if circumstances force us to cancel it then we are biased using the following expression:

1. I regret to tell you That I have to cancel our meeting
2. I am sorry That I Will have to cancel my business trip Because of our company's condition.
3. I am sorry That I Will have to cancel my arrangements
4. We Could write a provisional date in our diaries?
5. I'm sorry to upset your plan like this.
6. I'm sorry the plan is Cancelled
7. Unexpected Something Happened and I can not make it
8. We'll have to delay the meeting
9. I can not make Them Decide exactly what they want are going to do
10. I need to contact my lawyer.

C. Arrangements canceling

The phrase is used to ensure the agreement is as follows:
1. I would like to confirm my ... ..
2. I would like to confirm about taking ...
3. I would like to confirm about our arrangements

D. AN Appointment Making (Making agreements business meeting)

What do you say Pls help you get through to the Person You Want to speak to and fix a
meeting? Here Are Some expressions That you find in the above conversation and are usually
Used in making an appointment.

Suggesting a time to meet
Responding to the suggestion
 Can / Shall We fix / arrange / manage an appointment / a meeting?
 Would it be useful to meet up soon
�� 'll (just) to check my diary.
 How about Monday?
 Would Wednesday be suitable?
 Would Thursday suit you?
 Shall We say on Friday? That's fine
��  I can not / will not be Able to make Monday.
��  I've got to ...

0 comments:

Post a Comment